The Kingdom Arts & Sciences Minister is required to:
- swear Fealty to the Crown
- be a current paid member of the SCA
- to be warranted as above, this is signed by the Kingdom Seneschal and yourself. A copy is sent to the SCA Arts & Sciences Officer. (2 years, with max. 4 years, in exceptional circumstances)
- to be over 18 years of age
- send QUARTERLY reports to the Crown and the Society Arts & Sciences Minister. The Crown Prince & Princess, Seneschal and Laurels get a courtesy copy. This report must include a Roster of Arts Sciences Officers
- send an annual report to Kingdom Exchequer by 31st July
- warrant Local and Baronial Arts & Sciences Officers and keep warrants up to date
- keep your files up to date
- to run and to be on the asofficers list. COMMUNICATION between Officers is very important
- set the Kingdom Arts & Sciences competitions for your term
- organise or help organise the Kingdom Arts Sciences competitions
- encourage Arts & Sciences, in Lochac, and communicate with the Guilds
- keep track of the Kingdom arts & Sciences Championship results and inform Royalty of the winner, at May Crown at the end of each competition
- have advertised and, where possible, have a Drop Dead Deputy within 6 months of taking Office.
As Kingdom Arts & Sciences Minster, it is recommended to:
- have the competitions set for the first Kingdom competition, after you step down, to allow your successor time to set the following competitions.
- compile reports received and send a quarterly newsletter to all Local and Baronial Arts & Sciences Officers. This is usually by email to save on costs. If you do not have email, this will be posted to the Officer. A copy to Seneschals of smaller groups, without an Arts & Sciences Officer, is also recommended.
- keep the Kingdom A&S Office website up to date including a smaller, edited version of the newsletter, to be available on the site, for all Lochac to view.
- send a report to Pegasus, by the 5th of each month, for the following issue
- communicate with the Kingdom Seneschal
- communicate with Lochac’s Guilds, a Livery Warden (Deputy of Guilds) is suggested to help you in this area
- oversee the bids for and ensure the running of the Combined Guild’s Day. A Collegium Deputy is suggested to help you in this area
- to organise the Kingdom of Lochac Virtual Collegium, annually. It is strongly recommended that a Collegium Deputy help with this
- have Deputies to assist in areas of your Duties, which require specific attention, such as Collegium Deputy, or Livery Warden
The Kingdom ‘Drop Dead’ Arts Sciences Deputy is required to:
- assist the KMoAS in his / her duties
- understand the running of the office in case he / she is required to take over at short notice
- fill in for the KMoAS in times where the Minister is unavailable to fulfil their duties for an extended time (i.e. overseas holidays, sickness, etc …)
See also the Lochac Procedures Manual, available on the Lochac Seneschal’s website: http://www.lochac.sca.org/seneschal